Our New Little One!

pregnancy week by week

Monday, October 23, 2006

One Down . . . One to Go!

Well, we got back from choir retreat #1. All in all, everything went well. This weekend, we took our entire high school (about 80 students) down to Life Action Retreat and Conference Center (my home stomping grounds) for a couple of days to learn our music for the year. The weather was cold and breezy, but we got a lot accomplished. Our worship time together on Thursday night was awesome and God worked in the hearts of the students through it.

Now, I am gearing up for one more choir retreat this coming weekend. This time out, we are taking our auditioned elementary choir (the Singing Crusaders) to a place called Camp Beechpoint. We will be there Friday and Saturday. You can pray that it goes well.

Good news! I didn't get really sick and lose my voice on our High School Retreat. That usually happens, but this year, God kept me healthy. So that is nice. Especially since we have another big weekend ahead.

Thursday, we teachers are headed to Grand Rapids for our annual teacher convention. No school once again for the kids. They like that a lot.

*****************
I do need to clear up what might be some confusion from my last post. I mentioned that I was "in a state of depression and frustration" without really explaining what was going on. I understand that could have communicated the wrong thing to some of you who are faithful to read this blog. That was simply how I was feeling that particular day and I was really just spilling my feelings. I was only discouraged because a good friend on mine (my accountability partner, in fact) had been going through a rough time and really had no desire or passion for God. And nothing that I could say to him would change his heart. I was at a loss with really no one to talk to about it. Things seem to be getting a little better with him, but that is still a definite prayer need.

Just for clarification, that depression and frustration was not in relationship to my marriage or family. Sarah and I are doing well and loving life and what God is teaching us. Just keep praying for strength in the midst of business.

Thanks for reading. Love you all!

1 comment:

Don & Katrina Hines said...

Hey Tim (and Sarah too!)
Doesn't it already seem like forever since we saw eachother this past summer? It is amazing how fast it goes. I was recently at a college in our area wih my volleyball girls and we saw some signs posted for "Your a good man, Charlie Brown" and I thought of you and your hard work last year! I pray that everything goes just as well this year with your play/musical!