Our New Little One!

pregnancy week by week

Friday, December 15, 2006

Christmas Concert Over

Well, the day has finally arrived! Our school Christmas concert is over and went really well last night. My wife and I spent the entire day yesterday at the church getting the stage set and all of the technical things ready for the show. Rehearsals went well and the kids were all excited about it. Then I spent an hour and a half recording all of the light cues for the concert and everything was really looking nice!

At the last minute, I decided to call my Seussical cast and tell them to bring their cast shirts to the concert. We were going to give a little teaser for the musical and perform "Green Eggs and Ham" at the end of the concert. Everyone was a little nervous but they did an awesome job and it really got everyone excited about the full show in February.

The only thing that went REALLY wrong last night happened a half hour before the concert started. WE LOST ALL OF OUR LIGHT CUES FOR THE SHOW!! I couldn't believe it! So our light guy had to run the whole show manually. That was quite frustrating, but God still worked and everything went well.

Now, we have three days of finals next week and then Christmas break will finally be here. I am so ready for a break. I hope this post finds everyone doing well. I was finally able to upgrade to Beta Blogger! Now I am part of the "in" crowd. So have a great day Blogger world!

3 comments:

Pastor Timothy said...

Welcome to Beta! Oh yeah, and I only stayed for half of the show, but it was REALLY good. Thanks so much for the work you do. It's intense, but it's beautiful when it all comes together.

Andrew Newland said...

We are really looking forward to coming up this Christmas.
later
an

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord the show went well! And welcome to Beta! :)