Our New Little One!

pregnancy week by week

Friday, September 08, 2006

Musical in Audition Stage!

Yes, it's that time of year again for me! The audition stage for our next school musical. Last year's play was such a hit that our executive director here asked me to produce and direct another musical this year.

Unfortunately, there are not a lot of really good, family-friendly shows that have small casts like Charlie Brown. So we are having to go BIGGER this year.

"Seussical the Musical" is an extremely fun show and I am really excited about it. This past Wednesday, I had my first meeting for those students that are interested in auditioning this year. I was expecting 20 people tops from our little school. Much to my surprise, I walked into the meeting packed with 46 STUDENTS! I can't believe how many people are excited about this show! Last year, we had about 18 students audition for Charlie Brown, so this was a HUGE increase! I can only guess that it comes from the awesome show we had last year. People have a new excitement for our theater program. YAY!

Auditions are next Saturday, September 16, so you all can pray that God will give me wisdom in picking our final cast!

The first week of school is almost over and it has gone very well. Enrollment is up again at our school. We topped off the year with 261 students! Last year we had about 245, so this is a big increase! Lots of new students.

Thank you to all of you who left comments for the last post. I guess I was just feeling alone in the blogger world and comments always make me feel like people care and what I am writing and posting is being viewed. So thanks. Pray for Sarah and I as we begin this new school year. I am extrememly excited about what God has in store for us.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, y'all,
Good to hear of all the interest in Seussical - we'll be praying for your auditions next Saturday. We'll be in Rodney Tolleson's church south of Chicago this weekend. The team left this morning to set up and then stay in homes tonight, so the twins will get their first "host home" experience! We'll join them in the morning for services all day. Tiffany is doing well in school and got cheerleading captain this year for her squad - she's really busy this semester, with Speech and Research Writing classes (she's not too excited about those!) and working three nights in the coffee shop. We sure love and miss you guys! Write when you can.

Don & Katrina Hines said...

I am so excited for your new musical! It is so great how God is blessing your ministry there! We'll keep you in prayer. I've also started my year with 15 2nd graders! A lot different than 21 that I had last year! What a breath of fresh air! Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Did you get my text message about the name we came up with for your singing group? Maybe you already chose one. We thought One a'Chord was kind of neat. Hope your auditions go well tomorrow. We'll be in Peru, IN for the weekend. Love you and miss you all!